Ser Pro promotes the development of high-quality vocational educational offers that match young people's real training needs and foster regional development. The programme aims to improve the quality of vocational education and reduce the shortage of technical staff within the national business fabric.
The Ser Pro programme is based on a structured partnership model that facilitates the design of high-quality vocational courses that meet students' real training needs and promote regional development. This model encourages the cooperation between schools, businesses, municipalities and higher education institutions to create curricular offers that help counteract early school leaving, facilitate the integration of students into the labour market and also give them the option to continue their studies.
- Create partnerships between entities in the labour market, municipalities and higher education institutions to improve the quality of the technical training provided in vocational courses;
- Bring companies and other entities in the labour market into the schools to provide students with high-quality technical training throughout the three-year training cycle.
- Help integrate students into the working environment, providing them with a better understanding of the conditions and requirements of each professional field;
- Respond to actual labour market needs by identifying underdeveloped training areas and contributing to reduce the shortage of technical experts in the business fabric;
- Bring young people closer to the world of work while also maintaining the option to continue their educational path.
SCHOOLS AND POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTES
COMPANIES AND OTHER EMPLOYING ENTITIES
- The Ser Pro project acts as an intermediary between all parts and is based on a collaborative model that prioritises cooperation and an open communication.
- The programme's partners help schools adjust their curricula and the technical specificities of the courses to meet the labour market's needs and promote regional development.
- After the creation of the courses, the programme's partners undertake to develop activities within their areas of expertise, such as field trips, workshops, training sessions and other specific actions, which can take place in the schools or on the premises of the partner entity. Partner entities also take on students whenever possible to offer them practical training in a real working environment.